DBA in IT - Data Analytics
The Sabi University DBA degree in information technology is designed to help managers and leaders that can respond to the increasing demands of information technology for business performance. Today’s business environment operates at an increasing pace and being able to keep pace requires knowledge and experience with information technology that goes beyond the application level. The business professional today needs to be able to create innovative solutions to business and Data Analytics problems through creation and application of the latest in business knowledge and information technology.
The Sabi University DBA will distinguish you from the crowd through your knowledge of business and data analytics and your ability to apply this knowledge in an innovative way. A DBA may well provide other options such as teaching or consulting, but the goal is well-rounded business professionals who stand out by virtue of their ability to think creatively and innovatively.
The DBA program provides a core set of business knowledge including research skills vital to today’s business environment reinforced by knowledge and skill in data analytics. (Sabi University offers this program in collaboration with EW Solutions - https://www.ewsolutions.com)
PROGRAM GOALS AND OUTCOME
Data Analytics Specialization:
The DBA will provide you with the Business knowledge that enables you to acquire the following business skill set:
- Using conceptual skills as a thought leader in business management and leadership
- Synthesize business issues from a global and international perspective
- Integrate global marketing principles and structure human resource systems to support company goals
- Evaluate business problems and challenges from a behavioral economics perspective
- Apply Managerial Accounting principles that support superior ﬁnancial performance of the organization
- Employ knowledge of the global monetary system with legal and ethical principles
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and skill in application of research about contemporary data analytics business problems
The DBA will provide you with the following Data Analytics skill set:
- Evaluate a business problem or opportunity to determine the extent to which data analytics can provide a viable solution and translate the business problem to a data analytics project
- Transform large data sets into actionable information in an easy-to-understand format to support organizational decision making through the use of advanced analytical tools
- Apply big data analytics technology to a speciﬁc area such as healthcare; marketing; insurance;
- cyber security; or biological, medical, and scientiﬁc applications
- Evaluate the appropriate methods and tools for data analytics in speciﬁc organizational contexts
- Manage data analytics projects to ensure delivery of a successful data analytics initiative throughout its life cycle
Calibrated to the need of full-time business professionals
- 120 ECTS credit hours equivalent to 60 American credits hours,
- 104 weeks
- Asynchronous Online classes with mentors
- Proprietary Learner Management System
- There is an increasing demand for business professionals who can demonstrate proficiency and up-to-date skills in the IT area
- Data analytics and Cyber Security specializations increase the business professional’s options.
- If one wishes to teach, and the demand is increasing for doctoral qualiﬁed professionals, the
- DBA provides an entrée to Higher Education
DOCTORAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN (DDP)
As part of the DBA program, each student will prepare a Doctoral Development Plan. The DDP is a summary of the entire dissertation project and, therefore, should not be more than 15 pages long. A successful DDP requires strong summarization skills. The DDP must include the following elements:
- Thesis purpose: How will the dissertation add knowledge to the existing literature? Is may refute claims made by a prior research study? The goal should be clear and concise.
- Population and sample: The DDP should describe the target population on which the study will be carried out, the sample as well as the sampling techniques that will be used in obtaining the sample
- The methodology: the research design, data collection methods and instruments, data analysis and data reporting techniques that will be used.
- Results/findings: a brief statement of the results expected from the data collection and analysis.
|SUDBAGDA02||Research and Methodology|
|SUDBAGDA03||Current Issues in International Business Management|
|SUDBAGDA04||New Approaches in Global Marketing and Human Resource System|
|SUDBAGDA05||Advanced Behavioural Economics|
|SUDBAGDA06||Advanced Managerial Accounting|
|SUDBAGDA07||Foundation of Data Strategy|
|SUDBAGDA08||Foundations of Database Management Systems|
|SUDBAGDA09||Enterprise Data Management|
|SUDBAGDA10||Descriptive and Visual Data Analytics|
|SUDBAGDA11||Advanced Data Analytics|
|SUDBAGDA12||Predictive Analytics for Business Value|
|SUDBAGDA13||Dcotoral Development Plan|
Sabi University’s DBA candidates must meet the following requirements to apply for the DBA program:
- Proficiency in the English language*
- IELTS Score: 6.5
- TOEFL Score: 85
- C1 level according to CEFR
- Master degree
- Transcripts from previous studies
- At least 5 years work experience
- Motivation Letter in English (maximum 150 words)
*Applicants from non-English speaking countries must also provide a language certificate: IELTS score of 6.5 points, TOEFL score of 85 points or take the English language test offered by Sabi University. Students can also participate in Sabi University’s Advance English program before starting their studies.
|Application Fee||$US 150|
|Registration Fee||$US 150|
|Tuition Fee||$US 21600|
|Graduation Fee||$US 500|
World’s Best Online Doctoral Programs
Sabi University online doctoral studies is ranked as one of the TOP 10 International Distance Doctoral Program - http://www.online-phd-programs.org/top-international-online-phd-programs/
CREDIT TRANSFER PROCEDURES AND ACCELERATION
Students with superior academic records may request the admission committee for allowing them to transfer their previous credits to the Sabi University. The granting of an accelerated study is wholly at the admission committee’s discretion.
To be eligible, students must provide:
- Official transcript of their previous studies including all information about received credits
- Their previous studies must be done in an accredited or state-recognized higher education institute
Students who believe that they meet the above requirements should inform the admission office immediately after submission of application.
If students meet all of the above conditions, they should take the following steps:
- Pass an Evaluation Exam
- Attend an interview with the program director or representative of the admission committee
WATCH THE INTERVIEW WITH PROGRAM DIRECTOR, DR. ANNE MARIE SMITH
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants must submit the application online. Please click here to apply.
Do you wish an admissions officer contact you? Please submit the following form.